This project involved the preparation and repaint of the exterior of a raised Queenslander with an additional deck and shed at the rear of the house.
This house had been raised and renovated ten years earlier and was the first repaint of the lower section of the house. Unfortunately the lower section was not properly primed during this time ten years earlier and most of the exposed (to weather and sun) coating on the lower section needed to be removed. Fortunately McAuliffe Painting are experienced, knowledgeable and able to prepare the surfaces and apply a lasting coating.
The project involved:
- Colour matching previous colours
- Seal windows and doors prior to sanding to limit dust entering the home
- Removal of majority of previous coating on the lower section of the house
- Removal of failing paint on original top section of house
- Removal (sanding) and Replacement of security bars on lower section of house
- Washing and properly preparing surfaces prior to paint application
- Application of high quality paint on all surfaces