The look and longevity of an exterior paint work is largely dependent on the care and effort put into preparation. Because we professionally prepare exterior surfaces, McAuliffe Painting guarantees that external paint finishes that will last for years and even keep your home cooler in summer. Here are the key steps we follow during exterior painting preparation:
- Test for the presence of lead paint.
- Tape up windows and doors to prevent dust form getting inside the house.
- Sand back any area with defects, stains, cracking, peeling, flaking, blistering or other signs of ageing.
- Wash all surfaces to remove dirt, dust and mould.
- Cover up ground areas and exterior furniture.
- Apply a coat of oil-based undercoat to any nailheads or rusting surfaces.
- Apply an acrylic primer to all surfaces that are sanded.
- Fill all cracks and gaps and patch damaged surfaces.
- Apply top quality Dulux or Resene paints that keep your home cooler in summer.